Atlanta International Assets Attorney
Navigating the world of international assets can be complicated, especially when Family Law matters like divorce are concerned. As Atlanta increasingly becomes a hub for international business and diverse families, the need for specialized legal guidance in this area has never been greater. That’s where our Atlanta international assets attorney at Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French step in to fill this professional gap.
Understanding International Assets
International assets are investments, properties, or financial accounts outside the United States. They can include real estate properties, foreign bank accounts, stocks in international companies, offshore trusts, and more. In the context of Family Law, these assets can present unique challenges regarding matters like divorce, child support, and alimony.
Protecting Your International Assets
Protecting your international assets requires a multifaceted approach:
- Legal documentation: Have clear ownership documents for each international asset.
- Familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations that govern your assets.
- Financial planning: Work with financial advisors to ensure your assets are diversified and optimized for tax benefits.
Division of International Assets in a Divorce
In Georgia, a concept called “equitable distribution” means that assets are divided fairly but not equally. However, dividing international assets can have its own complexities. To navigate these complexities and understand your rights, it would be beneficial to seek assistance from an Atlanta attorney experienced in matters dealing with international assets.
How We Can Help
Our team of international asset attorneys offers expertise in the following areas:
- Consultation: We assess which legal jurisdictions apply specifically to your assets.
- Asset valuation: Working alongside experts, we ensure the valuation of your assets.
- Filings: We prepare all paperwork for court proceedings or negotiations.
- Conflict resolution: Our aim is to resolve any disputes related to assets through negotiation or litigation if required.
Before meeting your attorney, gather:
- Asset documentation: All relevant documents for each international asset.
- Financial statements: Recent statements from banks and investment accounts.
- Marital agreements: Prenuptial or postnuptial agreements, if any.
- Questions: A list of questions or concerns you may have.
Contact Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French
International assets add an additional layer of complexity to any Family Law case in Atlanta. By hiring our experienced Atlanta international assets attorney at Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French, you can navigate this complicated territory and make well-informed decisions to protect your financial future. Contact us today for assistance.