Atlanta Forensic Accounting Attorney
In divorce and family law matters, particularly those involving high assets, forensic accounting is often a critical tool for uncovering hidden assets and ensuring fair financial settlements. If you’re in Atlanta and find yourself embroiled in a complex financial case, our experienced Atlanta forensic accounting attorney at Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French will help you in these matters.
Understanding Forensic Accounting
Forensic accounting is a specialized field that involves the use of accounting skills to investigate financial discrepancies and fraud. It’s commonly employed in divorce cases, business disputes, and other legal matters where financial transparency is crucial. Forensic accountants scrutinize financial records to provide an accurate depiction of a party’s true financial status, which can be instrumental in cases involving asset division, spousal support, and child support.
A forensic accountant performs several key functions:
- Financial analysis: Scrutinizing financial records, tax returns, and bank statements to identify discrepancies.
- Data interpretation: Translating complex financial data into understandable terms that can be used in court.
- Expert testimony: Providing credible, unbiased accounting evidence in court.
- Settlement negotiation: Leveraging financial expertise to facilitate fair settlement negotiations.
An example of forensic accounting:
In a high-profile Atlanta divorce case, one spouse claimed to have minimal income and assets. A forensic accounting attorney was enlisted to dig into complex financial portfolios, undisclosed offshore accounts, and hidden real estate investments. The attorney was able to uncover undisclosed assets amounting to millions, leading to a fair division of assets and appropriate spousal and child support agreements.
The main reasons for forensic accounting are:
- Asset discovery: To uncover hidden or undisclosed assets in divorce or estate planning.
- Income verification: To confirm or challenge claims of income, particularly in child or spousal support cases.
- Fraud detection: To identify any signs of financial fraud or embezzlement, often important in family-owned business disputes.
How We Can Help
If your case involves complex financial portfolios, business ownership, or allegations of hidden assets or income manipulation, you should consider hiring one of our forensic accounting attorneys. We are particularly useful in high-asset divorce cases, business disputes within the family, or when you suspect financial fraud.
Advantages of working with a forensic accounting lawyer:
- Expert analysis: Skilled in both law and accounting, these professionals provide a two-fold service that can be less costly than hiring separate attorneys and accountants.
- Unbiased valuation: They can give an impartial financial analysis, which can strengthen your case.
- Comprehensive services: From investigation to court representation, a forensic accountant lawyer offers all-in-one services.
Navigating the complex financial aspects of divorce or family business disputes can be challenging. An Atlanta forensic accounting lawyer has both the legal and financial expertise to investigate, analyze, and present financial matters comprehensively. This specialization ensures that your interests are fully represented, from the initial investigation stage to courtroom representation.
Contact Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French – Atlanta Attorneys Specializing in Forensic Accounting
When facing a family law case involving complex financial aspects, don’t navigate the maze alone. Our Atlanta forensic accounting attorneys at Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French can provide the combined skills of legal acumen and accounting expertise to ensure that your financial interests are fully protected. From asset discovery to courtroom representation, consult with us today for assistance.