Atlanta Hidden Assets Attorney
When dealing with matters of divorce and other family law issues, the question of assets often becomes a source of conflict. At Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French, our experienced Atlanta hidden assets attorney is experienced in identifying, locating, and ensuring a division of assets, even when your spouse attempts to hide the assets.
Understanding Hidden Assets
Hidden assets are any properties or funds intentionally concealed by one party during proceedings like divorce or estate settlements. These include bank accounts, investments, real estate holdings, and valuable personal belongings. The motivation behind concealing these assets is usually to avoid sharing them or to minimize obligations such as alimony or child support.
It is crucial to note that hiding assets is generally prohibited in divorce proceedings. However, you can safeguard your assets by defining them clearly as separate property through a prenuptial agreement before marriage or by keeping them entirely separate from marital assets.
If your spouse is found to be hiding assets, there can be repercussions:
- Unfair distribution of assets: The courts may award the spouse a portion of the marital assets.
- In some situations, concealing assets could result in facing charges, such as fraud.
- Legal costs: The spouse hiding assets may be ordered to pay for the innocent spouse’s legal costs.
Tracing hidden assets is a complicated process that often involves multiple steps:
- Financial forensics: Detailed scrutiny of financial records, bank statements, and other financial transactions.
- Public records: Search property records, corporate records, and other public data sources.
- Expert assistance: Financial experts and forensic accountants may be enlisted to examine complicated financial histories.
Proving that your spouse has concealed assets involves gathering substantial evidence:
- Documentary proof: Bank statements, pay stubs, tax returns, etc.
- Witness testimonies: Statements from individuals with information about the hidden assets.
- Digital evidence: Emails, text messages, or other digital footprints that indicate asset concealment.
How We Can Help
Our experienced hidden assets attorneys can help with the following:
- Expert investigation: A skilled attorney can utilize resources to uncover hidden assets, including financial experts and forensic accountants.
- Legal guidance: Will provide you with the best legal routes to ensure fair asset division.
- Negotiation and mediation: Your attorney will negotiate to reach a fair settlement, leveraging the information about the hidden assets.
- Court representation: If the matter goes to court, your attorney will present the collected evidence to argue for a fair distribution of assets.
Contact Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French – Atlanta Attorneys Specializing in Hidden Assets
Whether you suspect your spouse is hiding assets or want to ensure a fair and transparent asset division, our Atlanta hidden assets attorneys at Kaye, Lembeck, Hitt & French are indispensable. With specialized knowledge of Atlanta and Georgia law and resources to investigate, our attorneys can be the critical difference between a fair settlement and a long, exhausting legal battle. Don’t leave your financial future to chance; contact us today for assistance.